Thursday, February 4, 2010

First Flying Lesson

I told Tom I would post an update after I had had my first flight, which I accomplished this past Saturday with the help of H. Paul Shuch, the CFI at AvSport of Lock Haven. Professor Shuch has flown in the air force, air commuted to NJ for 30 years, and generally has a very extensive flying background. He has worked with the folks who have designed the Virgin spaceplanes, and now he is offering flight lessons in our area!

From the moment we took off until we landed, I felt completely at ease (though prior to the first flight I wondered if I would be fully comfortable) as the Evektor SportStar took to the skies. We spent about an hour airborne as Professor Shuch showed me how to work the controls and keep the aircraft level, all the while explaining in simple terms what was going on.

I highly recommend the Sport Pilot training @ AvSport. They have 'package' deals to help keep the cost of learning down, while helping the student to excel and concentrate on learning, not the hourly meter running.

Here is a picture of me in the SportStar.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on your first flight! To help you keep it safe and fun through learning and exchanging info/ideas, feel free o join the Yahoo group.

    ReplyDelete